Online Memorials


2010 - 2020

George was my best friend. Not a day has gone by where my eyes are dry. I miss him every day and am completely heartbroken and devastated over losing him so suddenly.

He was the light of my life. I am so lost without him.

George, a Maltese Shihtzu, was born on February 11th, 2010 and I adopted George on May 8th, 2010. He was the length of my wrist to my elbow when I got him and weighed about 3.3kg. From day one, I knew we would be inseparable. He went with me everywhere I did. He enjoyed the four C's - chicken, carrots, cheese, and of course, cuddles. George would make friends everywhere he went with people of all ages stopping to say hello.

George was never sick aside from ear infections and one stool issue as a result of having too many milk bones. He was a good boy all around.

George was very protective of me and didn't like any of my boyfriends. In fact, the only guy George ever liked and was comfortable with was the father of my child. They were close and George was most comfortable with him for the past 10 months. They both treated each other well.

George was going to be a big brother. I think it was about when I heard the heartbeat of my unborn child the first time did George go back to doing what he used to when he was a puppy - taking naps on my belly with his head between my boobs. I think he knew something was in my tummy. He would have been the best guardian for my little one.

George loved being outside and chasing his tail in circles. While off leash, he would run about 20 feet away from me as fast as he could, do a dead stop, look back to find me and run in a circle until I caught up only to do it all over again.

George would stop and smell the grass every 5 steps we would take outside. He loved being outside. About as much as he loved sitting on the top part of the couch and staying close to me when I would chill out.

George traveled with me on airplanes to Toronto to visit my family, and braved the Ontario cold to go outside and play in the snow. His paws would get little snow balls on him, but he never seemed to mind - he was just happy to roll around in something cold. He never liked to swim and countless attempts to get him in the water showed just how stubborn he would be.

Just after Christmas 2019, George got really sick. He started vomiting and lost all mobility. A short stay in the hospital and he appeared to be way better. Four days later, he was admitted again and never came home. George had acute liver failure (70% completely damaged), pancreatitis, and bladder stones. He never let me know he was in pain, but he was.

Our final moments were together in a quiet room in the hospital. He walked in on his own, tail wagging, but that was short lived as when he got into my arms, he cuddled up. I looked into George's eyes and they were yellow - the liver failure. I screamed, I cried, I begged... but in the end, I put on our song. This song I sang to George while we would cuddle up for the near 10 years we were friends: Happy Together by The Turtles. Because I can't see me loving anyone him for all my life.

George passed away in my arms peacefully and not in pain at approximately 7pm at Victoria Animal Hospital on January 5th, 2020. I felt his energy leave me - his life was gone. I held him close and laid him down gently on the table in front of me, and told him how loved he was and how much he meant to me.

I love you so much, George. Always and forever. All of the every. Every of the time. My special little love. I'll see you in another life, George. I love you. I miss you so much.

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together